VoIP Phone System
VoIP Phone System
The VoIP Phone System will become the de facto standard for all business phone solutions replacing conventional PSTN/POTS technology and in the UK will supersede ISDN as this will be phased out by BT in 2025. Convectional phones (POTS/PSTN systems) are hardware based and transmit phone calls via an analogue signal using the entire line. Put simply Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP for short, compresses the call and transmits it as data packets across the Internet using IP (Internet Protocol) technology. This means the call can share a line with your other internet traffic and other voice calls. The result is a more flexible, reliable and above all cheaper service.
There are 2 ways a VoIP Phone System can be delivered; they are usually from the cloud or from servers held on your premises; the choice of which is typically dictated by the number of seats required, where they are used geographically and whether you wish to use features such as call recording or video calling.
Wizards offer the following VoIP solutions with your choice dictated by numbers of users, planned and unplanned growth or decline in requirements and customer budget. Wizards approach has never been one size fits all to find the package that fits your needs please contact Wizards via email@example.com or 0333 241 7707.
- Horizon Fully hosted in the cloud so you have no on site hardware other than handsets. Full details of this Cloud Hosted VoIP Phone System here
- 3CX Typically deployed with onsite hardware but is available as a fully hosted cloud service or a hybrid solution. Full details of 3CX either cloud hosted or on premise server VoIP Phone System here
Why Buy a VoIP Phone System?
Ian Charles and Chris Comley of Wizards Ltd discuss VoIP Phone System and it's value to your business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhBYWbEZCyM&feature=youtu.be
All phone systems have a life and your legacy hardware PBX may be approaching that end or you may need more flexibility with where and how you work such as adding home workers. Reviewing these in detail we see:
Cost Of Ownership
Traditional phone systems are based on dedicated proprietary hardware requiring a dedicated “machine” to deliver; that “machine” is expensive to buy and maintain where VoIP systems run on computer hardware either in house or hosted by the provider in the Cloud. Thus VoiP Phone Systems are cheaper to buy, own and maintain than traditional dedicated hardware systems.
Traditional phone systems place calls over dedicated lines with attendant charges dictated typically by BT. Calls on VoiP Phone System are routed automatically via the least cost supplier over the internet meaning you save money on each call. A call to another VOIP user is free and calls to a landline user costs are significantly cheaper with prices typically 1.5p/minute to a UK landline, 9p/min to a UK mobile, 2p/min to a French landline.
Legacy phone systems are hardware based and usually limited by the actual hardware in use i.e. the “box” you own dictates how many extensions you can have and the features you may have. A Wizards supplied VoIP Phone System solution will essentially look like this:
- A Sip Trunk connection to carry voice calls over the internet
- Optionally a connection to one or more BT PSTN or ISDN trunk lines for external "landline" calls
- A phone on each desk, with normal handset, perhaps with a headset, or a cordless handset.
- Voice mail
- Music on hold
- Auto attendant
- Facilitate home and remote office users to have phones which appear as ordinary extensions on your system
- Facilitate smartphones wherever they are in the world to act as the user’s own extension or DDI as if they were at their desks in the office.
- Call forwarding, hunt groups, call queues, call tranfser, etc.
- Direct-dial-in numbers to individuals or departments
- Allow remote offices to have similar systems routing calls transparently between them over the internet
- Facilitate "soft phones" i.e. phone software on a laptop or desktop with headset or speakers and microphone which acts as the user’s office extension or DDI with no hardware required.
- No phone cabling required as the IP phones are connected to your normal data network.
See our VoIP Phone System videos here:
Introduction To VoIP Technology From Wizards Ltd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bel3sRUzrw&t=278s
VoIP and Why You Should Use It. Wizards Ltd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjHnhHXGHjE&t=15s
Unboxing a VoIP Phone Wizards Ltd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2XdDgZAfU
Like all technologies, VoIP Phone System have their own lexicon so here is The Techies You Can Talk To Guide to How Does VoIP Work. If you have any questions, please call Wizards on 0333 241 7707 or use firstname.lastname@example.org.