Keith Satchell Microsoft Skills, Storage and Virtualisation Specialist
19 years experience supporting, analysing, troubleshooting and architecting Wintel based business solutions. Accredited in HP ProLiant servers, C-class blades and with direct experince of designing and managing SANs. Experienced in providing platform solutions on a business case, including upgrading applications, operating systems and hardware to meet new technologies. Proven methodical approach ensuring full end to end vendor support, safety and a rounded skills matrix for clients.
Core Technical Expertise:
- HP EVA and MSA storage, Left-hand P4000, EMC CX3/4, NX4 Navisphere products
- Fibre Channel / iSCSI SANs, HP Blade Servers, Clustering and high availability solutions
- Virtualisation specialist in VMware VSphere, ESX 2.5 through to 5.5
- Virtualisation specialist in Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012 R2
- Veeam expert and member of the Veeam Elite Engineers Group
- VDI (Citrix VDI-in-a-box), Microsoft RDS 2008 R2/2012, VMware View 4.6/5.2
- Messaging systems, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 to 2013, Brightmail Gateway
- Symantec NetBackup 5.0 through 7.0, Backup Exec / Disaster Recovery specialist
- Active Directory, Windows NT 4.0 Server through to Windows Server 2012 R2
- Operations Management Systems, HP Systems Insight Manager and NetIQ AppManager
- Symantec Enterprise Solutions, Endpoint Protection / McAfee Orchestrator
- Cisco IOS routers and Catalyst switches, HP ProCurve switching
- Administration of Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 to 2012
- Security and Vulnerability specialist, Checkpoint Firewall, Microsoft ISA Server
2011 – 2015 (Present): Keltec, Bracknell, Berkshire
Working with Bracknell based reseller Keltec, Keith gained experience in both presales and delivery focussed on HP infrastructure and Virtualisation. This role included all technical areas from private cloud to small business systems through to enterprise architecture. This pre-sales role required commercial skills used in combination with systems management experience dating back to 1997. Using this with the experience gained in IT project delivery, plus IT team management and product offerings, Keith is able to present information, discuss the solution options available and finally deliver the solutions demonstrates Keith’s abilities across the board.
Whilst covering the UK for with the sales team, Keith opened opportunities in delivering professional services packages to new and existing clients, the most notable being Lloyds Banking Group in London. In 2012/13, a package of 100 Professional Services days was signed for use within Lloyds to be used at their discretion.
Major projects within Lloyds included implementing a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity environment for Group Finance IT. This project touched skillsets around virtualisation, HP Blade Center, HP storage and SAN management. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VDI and management systems such as vCenter Operations Manager and Veeam ONE were critical to ensuring the introduction of these projects was smooth to the customer.
Due to the positive relationship created at Lloyds, further professional services days are still being delivered. Enhancements are in progress with the implementation of VMware Site Recovery Manager capitalising on the HP storage integration modules, VMware View upgrades and ESX 5.5 migration work.
Other well-known companies Keith worked with at Keltec include the British Film Institute, GAP, KPMG, Sunseeker, LCH Clearnet and many NHS trusts and Local Authorities throughout the UK.
2003 – 2010: Walt Disney International, London
With the position of Infrastructure Services Team Leader, Keith managed over 500 EMEA systems and 250 shared servers across Asia-Pacific including Hong Kong Disneyland and Latin America. The role involved maintaining and supporting the enterprise infrastructure services, on top of being the senior technical architect for all Wintel based internal projects. The role followed strict change control/fault management practices where significant emphasis was placed on co-ordination with multiple business lines and territory service delivery teams on network, server and hosting aspects.
Management experience included being part of the global incident management team.
2000 – 2003: Rubus, Bracknell, Berkshire
Systems Administrator role providing technical server and infrastructure support for UK and European based offices. Keith maintained internet facing services for external clients and gained a thorough understanding of IT security and importance of server reliability. Keith became team leader for IT in 2002.
1997 – 2000: Candric, Windsor. Positioned in Zeneca (Syngenta), P&G, DHL
NT support for locally managed servers, 2nd and 3rd Line support.
- Microsoft Certified Professional 2012/2008/2003/2000/NT4 ID: 1326964
- VMware Certified Professional in ESX Server 3,4 and 5 ID: VCP032322
- HP ASE + Blade Systems Specialist Certified ID: PL71587375
- HP ASE - Advanced Server Administrator V8
- HP ASE - Server Solutions Integrator V8.1
- HP ATP - BladeSystem Solutions Integrator V8.1
- HP ATP - Server Administrator V8